Thorndon Park Kindergarten
Kindergarten is a bridge between home and school, where the curriculum and environment are designed to be flexible as well as structured, familiar yet challenging, a place where there is plenty of time to pursue interests, practice, discover, have fun and learn with staff whose speciality is early childhood education.
Thorndon Park Kindergarten will be a partnership of parents, caregivers and staff committed to developing the knowledge, skills, dispositions and values necessary to empower children to become independent, optimistic learners and respectful, responsible citizens.Thorndon Park Kindergarten
The kindergarten is situated in the suburb of Athelstone. It services the residents of Athelstone, Newton, Rostrevor, Campbelltown, Paradise and surrounding areas. It offers small group sizes and a dedicated and experienced staff team. It is well resourced within a beautiful natural setting.
It operates on a full-time basis, offering the following services:
• 15 hours of preschool per week, two full days: 8:15am – 3:45pm.
• Small groups, with a current maximum of 22 children per a group, children attend on:
• Monday and Tuesday (red group)
• Wednesday and Thursday (blue group)
• Specialist support for children with additional needs, available by referral to Department for Education Support Services through the kindergarten director.
• Playgroup style orientation visits for new children during Term 4, prior to children beginning their kindergarten learning journey in Term 1 of the following year.
Monday & Tuesday
8:15am – 3:45pm
Wednesday & Thursday
8:15am – 3:45pm
Preschool Program Information:
- Preschool is offered to eligible four year old children (children who turn four prior to 1st May). All children are entitled to one year of preschool, prior to beginning school. If you feel your child would benefit from delaying their preschool start date (to the following year), please speak to the kindergarten director.
- The parent contribution is $170 per a term, which is all inclusive of educational programs, resources and excursions. An invoice will be placed in children’s communication pockets at the beginning of each term.
Policies & Procedures
Planning & Reporting
Director: Miss Samantha Chirgwin
Phone: (08) 8336 1422
Fax: (08) 8365 5739
Address: 13 Nestor Street, Athelstone SA 5076
Education Office: Felixstow Education Office
Feedback and complaints
Let us know if you have feedback or a complaint, or if you want to give us a compliment. Feedback is valuable as it helps us shape our services to meet your needs.