Thorndon Park Kindergarten
The kindergarten is situated in the suburb of Athelstone. It services the residents of Athelstone, Newton, Rostrevor, Campbelltown, Paradise and surrounding areas. It offers small group sizes and a dedicated and experienced staff team. It is well resourced within a beautiful natural setting.
It operates on a full-time basis, offering the following services:
- 15 hours of preschool per week
- 2 full days of preschool – either Monday and Tuesday OR Wednesday and Thursday
- 2 full day Friday sessions per term per group
- Specialist support for children with additional needs, available by referral to Department for Education Support Services through the kindergarten director.
- Playgroup style orientation visits for new children at the end of Term 4, prior to children beginning their kindergarten learning journey in Term 1 of the following year.
Monday & Tuesday
8:40am – 3:30pm
Wednesday & Thursday
8:40am – 3:30pm
Preschool Program Information:
- Preschool is offered to eligible four year old children (children who turn four prior to 1st May). All children are entitled to one year of preschool, prior to beginning school. If you feel your child would benefit from delaying their preschool start date (to the following year), please speak to the kindergarten director.
- The parent contribution is $170 per a term, which is all inclusive of educational programs, resources and excursions. An invoice will be placed in children’s communication pockets at the beginning of each term.
Policies & Procedures
Planning & Reporting
Director: Miss Samantha Chirgwin
Phone: (08) 8336 1422
Fax: (08) 8365 5739
Address: 13 Nestor Street, Athelstone SA 5076
Education Office: Felixstow Education Office